The Federal Government of Nigeria has upgraded the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State, to a degree- awarding institution and the National Universities Commission has, accordingly, recognised the Academy as the 37th Federal University and the 124th University in Nigeria. Academic activities are scheduled to commence in September 2012 in four Faculties, namely
- the Faculty of Science,
- The Faculty of Law,
- the Faculty of Social and Management Sciences and
- the Faculty of Humanities.
Applications are hereby invited from brilliant candidates of good character who wish to pursue a career in the Nigeria Police Force after undergoing a course of study leading to the award of a bachelor’s degree.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS INTO THE NIGERIAN POLICE ACADEMY
1. Candidates seeking admission into the Academy must be Nigerian citizens and must be between 18 and 22 years of age, and must have a height of not less than 5 foot 6 inches (1.68 metres) for males and 5 foot 4 inches (1.63 metres) for females. In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chestsize of not less than 36 inches (91 cm).
2. Candidates must have obtained a minimum of six credits in the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West AfricanExaminations Council (WAEC) or the National Examinations Council (NECO) at not more than two (2) sittings, and including a credit in both English and Mathematics and including subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen field of study, PROVIDED that no result was obtained earlier than 2007.
3. Candidates must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass rigorous physical and psychological tests of fitness.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
1. Visit any zenith bank branch closest to you.
2. Ask to buy the police academy pin which sells for N3000 excluding bank charge of N500.
3. Login to www.nigpoliceacademy.org to register the online form using the pin from the bank.
4. The first step is to enter your biodata(Surname, first name etc).
5. Enter your local government area, state of origin.
6. Follow the instruction to fill out the form accordingly.
7. Click on the submit button to submit the form.
8. When your form is successfully submitted you will get a confirmation notice.
9. Print out the acknowledgement form.
NOTE: Applicants are to bring the Acknowledgement form which also serves as the exam card to the examination center .
• Candidates should then download and print the acknowledgement form which they should bring to the examination centre along with two passport size photographs at the back of which they should write their name, State, centre and signature.
• Candidates should also bring along the bank slip containing the Confirmation Order Number.
DATE OF EXAMINATION
The examination will be taken in 18 centres nationwide on
Saturday the 15th of September 2012.
The following courses are open for admission at the Nigerian Police Academy.
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social and Management Sciences
Faculty of Humanities
LIST OF EXAMINATION CENTRES
1. Police College Kaduna
2. Police Training School, Sokoto
3. Army Day Secondary School, Bukavu Barracks, Kano
4. Government Day Secondary School, Opposite HQ 23 Armoured Brigade, Yola
5. Government College Maiduguri
6. Police Training School Bauchi
7. Police Staff College, Jos8. Police Secondary School, Minna
9. Command Secondary School, Lungi Barracks, Abuja
10. Police Detective College, Enugu
11. Command Secondary School, Abakaliki
12. Emmanuel College, Douglas/Wetteral Road, Owerri
13. Police Secondary School, Calabar
14. Police Secondary School, Port Harcourt
15. Police Training School, Benin
16. Police College, Ikeja
17. Police Training School, Ibadan
18. Police Secondary School, Akure
NOTE: Applicants can make any examination center their choice irrespective of state of origin.
We wish you all the best.